4 4 3 Beefalo:SEP sesam HPE StoreOnce Configuration
This article describes SEP sesam configuration of StoreOnce Catalyst storage system. Note that before you start with SEP sesam configuration, your HPE StoreOnce backup appliance must be set up correctly as described in HPE StoreOnce Configuration.
As of SEP sesam v. 4.4.3 Beefalo, you can use Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) StoreOnce Catalyst stores as a backup storage. HPE StoreOnce enables bandwidth efficient backup and restore over LAN, WAN and Fibre Channel. SEP sesam treats the StoreOnce Catalyst stores like any other devices. Note that before you configure a SEP sesam backup to StoreOnce Catalyst stores, your HPE StoreOnce backup appliance must be set up and all the requirements must be met (e.g., minimum supported version of HPE system), as described in HPE StoreOnce Configuration.
Once your HPE StoreOnce appliance is set up and the Catalyst stores are created, you can configure the HPE StoreOnce data store in the GUI. SEP sesam HPE StoreOnce data store is a special device type used for writing savesets directly to HPE StoreOnce Catalyst stores.
- In the Main selection -> Components, click Data Stores to display the data store contents frame.
- From the Data Stores menu, select New Data Store. A New Data Store dialog appears.
- In the Name field, enter the name for the HPE StoreOnce Catalyst store equal to the name you have specified during HPE StoreOnce Catalyst store creation, for example, Catalyst_Store_1.
- From the Store type drop-down list, select HPE StoreOnce.
- Make sure that the option Create Drive is checked under the Drive parameter properties. The predefined value for the drive is automatically added to the Drive number field.
- Under the Drive group properties, select Create new drive group if you want to create a new drive group, for example, StoreOnce-store, or select Use existing drive group to add a drive to one of the configured groups, available in the drop-down list.
- The predefined number of channels is already displayed in the Max. channels drop-down list. The number of available channels depends on your SEP sesam Server package. The standard license supports 10 concurrent streams, enabling 10 backup processes to run simultaneously. For details on SEP sesam licenses, see Licensing.
- Switch to the HPE Credentials tab, click New and specify your credentials; Credential set, Host name, Identifier and Password/Verify password.
- Click OK to configure your StoreOnce data store.