WOL - wake on LAN of a SEP sesam client
Copyright © SEP AG 1999-2019. All rights reserved.
Any form of reproduction of the contents or parts of this manual is allowed only with the express written permission from SEP AG. When compiling and designing user documentation SEP AG uses great diligence and attempts to deliver accurate and correct information. However, SEP AG cannot issue a guarantee for the contents of this manual.
- SEP Sesam Server Version 4.4 or higher is necessary for WOL!
- Download any wake-on-LAN tool and rename it to sm_wol, then copy to the directory C:\Program Files\SEPsesam\bin\sesam whether it is a binary or other executable script. This program will be executed by SEP sesam when the option 'WOL is activated.
- Enable "WakeOnLan" on the particular computers and test it first with alternative methods if WOL really works.
Configuration Sesam Server
1. Insert the MAC-addres of the used NIC in "Options" of the client.
2. Now, if the corresponding task is started for the defined client, the SEP sesam Server sends the WOL-signal and starts up the computer before the backup.
Shutdown of a Windows-PC with SEP sesam
To shut down a Windows-PC e.g. after the backup, add these lines to the clients post file (usage in Windows OS). For details, see Using Pre and Post Scripts.
shutdown -s -f -t 120 exit %errorlevel%
Newer Windows systems may need these commands:
shutdown /s /f /t 120 exit %errorlevel%
The exit is neccessary to end this program correctly.