Copyright © SEP AG 1999-2019. All rights reserved.
Any form of reproduction of the contents or parts of this manual is allowed only with the express written permission from SEP AG. When compiling and designing user documentation SEP AG uses great diligence and attempts to deliver accurate and correct information. However, SEP AG cannot issue a guarantee for the contents of this manual.
To solve problems quickly and efficiently, make yourself familiar with the general troubleshooting information. Attempt to identify and resolve the problem by yourself. If you cannot find a solution to your problem, report it to SEP sesam support. The support team will then provide you with further instructions.
Identifying the problem
It is important to identify a problem as accurately as possible so that the best solution to the problem can be applied. Answer the following questions to identify the problem you are experiencing:
- What was the message or error?
- When did the error first appear?
- Does the error always occur after a specific action?
- Does the error always occur at the specific time, e.g., in the morning, in the evening, etc.?
- What steps are necessary to duplicate the error?
- Did you make any changes to your SEP sesam environment before the error occurred?
Common problems you can solve by yourself
Below is a list of the most common problems you can solve by yourself. Most of the errors you are likely to encounter can be solved by following these instructions.
- Check with sm_main status to see if all processes are running. If necessary, start the missing process again with sm_main reload.
- View the day log and search for errors.
- Check specific protocols for backups, restores.
Before contacting support
Before contacting SEP sesam support, make sure that you have exhausted any options that might enable you to solve the problem by yourself. Perform these general checks:
- Check whether your problem is described in the Error Messages Guide or Troubleshooting Guide.
- Browse through the FAQ and check the forum (EN) / forum (DE).
- Go through the Common problems you can solve by yourself checklist above.
- Collect all relevant data about the problem and send it to SEP sesam support: error output, message ID, SEP sesam version, operating system environment.
This template is included on pages where the steps for troubleshooting are described.