Copyright © SEP AG 1999-2020. All rights reserved.
Any form of reproduction of the contents or parts of this manual is allowed only with the express written permission from SEP AG. When compiling and designing user documentation SEP AG uses great diligence and attempts to deliver accurate and correct information. However, SEP AG cannot issue a guarantee for the contents of this manual.
This article describes prerequisites and configuration requirements for <extension> environment. Note that the procedures introduced in this article are only the required pre-configuration steps. For details on <extension> key features and backup configuration, see Extension Backup.
To ensure error-free operation of SEP sesam and improve performance, make sure that the following conditions are met:
- Check the support matrix for the list of supported <xyz> versions.
- SEP sesam Server v. <xyz> or higher. Check Hardware requirements for SEP sesam Server.
- Install the SEP sesam Client package on the <extension> server. You can download it from SEP Download Center. For details, see SEP Sesam Quick Install Guide.
- Verify that your network is set up correctly and that DNS name resolution is successful. Note that forward and reverse DNS resolution is required by SEP sesam. For details, see How to check DNS configuration.
- It is recommended that 10 gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) is available for larger backups.
- SEP sesam <extension> backup module requires a license. For details, see List of Licenses.
- Configure SEP sesam and ensure that a data store has sufficient space. For general details, see SEP sesam data store. For more details on configuration, see SEP sesam first steps.
Installing SEP sesam ...
Download and install the following items:
Pre-configuration step: Activating sth./Doing sth.
<Extension> configuration involves several steps, including ...
Configuring <application_name> as a SEP sesam Client
If you want to protect your <application_name>, you must configure it as a SEP sesam client. For details, see Configuring Clients. Make sure that the prerequisites bellow are met before starting with configuration.
The procedure for configuring <application_name> may differ slightly according to the SEP sesam version. Refer to the relevant version-specific steps below.
- From Main Selection -> Components -> Topology, select the location of your choice, e.g., Storage systems, and click the New client button. The New client window opens.
- Enter the client Name. From the Platform drop-down list, select ... From the Operating system drop-down list, select your system, for example ... Then select ... as the Access mode for the SEP sesam server-client communication.
- Click the tab ... Enter the ... username and password.
- Click OK to add your <application_name> host as a new client.
|Before proceeding, you should validate that you can backup to SEP sesam. Run a test Path backup manually to ensure that the backups work. For details on typical backup configuration, see Standard Backup Procedure.|
If you have problems with <application name>, check the Troubleshooting Guide.