OwnCloud Single File Restore
SEP sesam enables you to restore single files from your ownCloud backup. Note that only ownCloud without server-side encryption is supported.
Restore tasks can be saved, scheduled and run automatically in continuous intervals to check and control data integrity. For details, see Scheduling Restore.
Configuring ownCloud restore
A restore task involves browsing and selecting the desired savesets by time and task/filename, selecting restore type and restore target, enabling post interface for the client that runs ownCloud and specifying a special command for the post script.
- Depending on what you want to restore, make sure that you have the proper restore permissions and access rights.
- Make sure that there is sufficient free space on the target system to which you are restoring your data.
- Prepare a special routine to scan the recovered files after a restore via the sbc_pre interface.
Enabling a post interface
To use a pre/post interface, you have to enable it first and create a special post command, as explained below.
- In the GUI menu bar, click Configuration -> Interfaces, select the Post Interface, and then select the Restore interface and your ownCloud client.
- In the interface script window, add the following command
- Click Save to activate the interface. The interface is saved to the
<SESAM_ROOT>/bin/sesamdirectory. For details, see Using Pre and Post Scripts.
sudo -u "userThatOwnsOwnCloudDir" php "pathToOwnCloudDir"/occ files:scan -all
under the line:
#=== Please insert your specific actions here==================
where "userThatOwnsOwnCloudDir" must be replaced by the user that owns the ownCloud directory
and "pathToOwnCloudDir" must be replaced by the location of the ownCloud directory.
For example, on a Debian with Apache2 and ownCloud located in
/var/www/, you should specify the following command:
#=== Please insert your specific actions here================== sudo -u www-data php /var/www/owncloud/occ files:scan -all
Restoring single files
You should look at the Standard Restore Procedure for general instructions on how to configure a restore task. The following procedure shows only ownCloud-specific steps when configuring a restore task.
- From the SEP sesam GUI menu bar, select Activities -> Restore -> select the saveset for restore. In the third step of the wizard: Select Task, from the list of the savesets click the desired backup version from which you want to restore restore, and then click Next.
- In the Select Files dialog, select the data you want to restore and click Next.
- In the Target Settings (previously Save and start) window, click Expert Options and then select the tab Pre/Post. Select the check box Execute post to enable running the post script for this task. Click OK and Next. Then click Save.
|As of v. 4.4.3. Beefalo, the Expert Options button for specifying advanced restore options is only available in the Expert UI mode. It is not available for users that run the GUI in Basic or Advanced mode. In the latter case, if you want to access the Expert Options you first have to change the Basic/Advanced UI mode to Expert, as described in Selecting UI mode.|
You can view the status of your restore jobs by selecting Job State -> Restores from the Main Selection. Restore overview provides detailed information on the last run of restore jobs, including the task name, status (successful, error, in queue ...), start and stop time of the last backup, data size, throughput, client and message.