Creating a Migration Event
The migration event is the final step in the configuration of a migration job. Creating a migration event consists of reviewing migration task parameters and (optionally) setting the event priority.
- In the Main Selection -> Scheduling -> Schedules, select the schedule for which you want to create a new migration event, click New (or right-click the selected schedule) and click New Migration Event.
- From the Task name drop-down list, select the name of the already configured migration task for which you want to create a migration job.
- In the Priority box, set the Priority for your migration event. SEPuler always executes the schedules with higher priority first. The default priority level is 1, which is the lowest priority (the highest is 99). The only exception are the schedules with priority 0, which override all other priorities and are always executed. For details, see event priorities. You can also enable the Blocking date. This option should be used together with the high priority for special events. When enabled, the blocking event blocks events of the same type with a lower priority, ensuring that the backup is processed if other backups are scheduled at the same time. For details, see Blocking Events.
- The settings under Media pool, Destination, Backup date, Backup state, Backup level, Object, and Special filter (previously Parameter and Filter) were defined when you created the selected migration task. If required, you can modify these settings. The changes are only applied to the current migration event and do not affect the values originally set in the migration task. Any changed values (as opposed to the settings in the migration task) are displayed in blue when the event is re-opened. The check box Delete after successful migration sets the saveset EOL to the actual date and time of the successful migration. The source saveset is purgeable immediately after the migration. The saveset EOL has no effect on savesets stored on tape media.
- Click OK to save your migration event.
|You can use the Migration task option in the backup task and event properties to select a follow-up migration task.|
You can view the status of your migrations jobs in the GUI (Job State -> Migrations and Replications) or SEP sesam Web UI. Migration tasks are listed by name, along with details of completion status, start and end times, and media pools used for the job.