5 0 0:SEP sesam User Types
Users can connect to SEP sesam Server only if they are granted appropriate permissions. Their user rights and also displayed GUI components depend on the user type. The user type can be specified when configuring authentication. For details, see About Authentication and Authorization.
As of. SEP sesam version 5.0.0 Jaglion, the authentication and authorization is enhanced with two new user types – superuser, which replaces the previous Admin role, and backup user. (In previous SEP sesam versions the available user types were admin, operator and restore.)
SEP sesam currently provides 5 user types. The following list shows available user types and their corresponding rights.
- Superuser (≥ Jaglion): The only user type with full control over the SEP sesam environment (previously Admin).
- Admin: Can administer the SEP sesam system and access the GUI objects (except permission management) if not restricted by ACLs.
- Operator: Can monitor the whole environment.
- Backup (≥ Jaglion): Can access the GUI objects that are granted by ACLs; is also allowed to start backups and restores.
- Restore: Can access the GUI objects that are granted by ACLs; is only allowed to start standard restores.