4 4 3 Beefalo:Migrations and Replications by State
Migrations and replications
Migration is the process of copying backed-up data from one media pool to another, for example, from disk to tape. You can check the status of your migration or replication job from Main selection -> Job State -> Migrations and Replications.
|As of 4.4.3 Beefalo V2, you can check the details of your migrations and replications online by using new Web UI. For details, see SEP sesam Web UI.|
Migration and replication use similar filters and selections as does SEP sesam backup system, for details see Backups by State.
The columns provide details on status, start and stop time, media pools, etc., used for the migration or replication task.
You can also examine the progress of the replication and see how much data is being transferred; you can check data size, physical and nominal data in the columns Data Size, Transferred, Transferred (Brutto) and Progress, respectively. For details, see Checking replication status.
With v. 4.4.3. Beefalo, SEP sesam provides additional View Mode button that enables you to switch between the table and tree view.
- Tree view: SEP sesam default view shows the status of individual migration or replication tasks grouped together in a hierarchical view.
- Table view: A simple flat view that shows the status of individual migration or replication tasks one after another.
|You can use a force refresh by clicking Shift and Refresh button to clear the GUI cache memory. In some cases clicking only the Refresh button won't show the updated view.|
Properties of the migration or replication
You can view the details of a specific migration or replication task by double-clicking it (or by clicking the Properties button).
Displays information about migration or replication status, pool, size, etc.
- Migration task: The name of the migration or replication task.
- ID: Unique ID of the task.
- Sesam day: Sesam day is a backup day you define according to your backup routines. Sesam day/backup day is defined by time set in the NEWDAY event. For details, see SEPuler: SEP sesam backup day.
- Source pool: Media pool from which the data will be migrated or replicated, e.g., disk.
- Source/target drive: The number of the source or target drive used by a job.
- Start/Stop time: Recorded start and stop time of the migration or replication.
- State: Displays the status of the migration or replication, e.g., Successful.
- Size: Size of the saveset.
- Target pool: Media pool to which the data will be migrated or replicated, e.g., tape.
- Throughput: The average throughput of the entire check process.
Other details show the client and task name, saveset ID, interface, backup state, etc.
To display the status of a single copy job in a migration task the same dialog is used as for the normal migration task, but the displayed fields are slightly different.
You can check the migration main log under the Main Log tab. The log of a migration copy job is a subset of Restores by State.