Copyright © SEP AG 1999-2019. All rights reserved.
Any form of reproduction of the contents or parts of this manual is allowed only with the express written permission from SEP AG. When compiling and designing user documentation SEP AG uses great diligence and attempts to deliver accurate and correct information. However, SEP AG cannot issue a guarantee for the contents of this manual.
SEP sesam - SAP Certified Integration
The SEP sesam Database Online Module for ensuring SAP R/3 on MaxDB/SAP DB and Oracle uninterrupted operation of the SAP database. Therefore, backups can be repeated as often as necessary during a day. The safety of the SAP data is thus improved. The backup is performed directly to the destination device (tape or disk), without caching on the file system. The SEP sesam Online Backup Modules for SAP R/3 on Oracle or MaxDB works as gateway to the SAP BR*Tools. Here the Sesam operate as media manager for the data. All information provided via the SAP BR*Tools functions for backup, restore and recovery are supported. The planning of online backups of databases (scheduling) can be carried out both by SEP sesam and the SAP R/3 environment.
- BC-BRI BACKINT Interface for ORACLE Databases, Release 4.0
- Backup and Restore Interface for MaxDB Systems (Backint for MaxDB) Version 7.2.5 / Version 6.2
Other databases than Oracle or MaxDB (e.g. IBM DB2, MS-SQL) are not integrated in the SAP BR*Tools. The backup procedure for those databases follows the rules and mechanism of the used database. In such a case, consult the SEP database online module documentation.
- SEP sesam Online backup for IBM DB2
- Database Administration Guide SAP on IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- A Practical Guide to Backup and Recovery of IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows in SAP Environments
- SEP sesam Online backup for Microsoft SQL Server
- SAP Backup with MS SQL Server
- SAP with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005 - Best Practices