Importing a Calendar
Any form of reproduction of the contents or parts of this manual is allowed only with the express written permission from SEP AG. When compiling and designing user documentation SEP AG uses great diligence and attempts to deliver accurate and correct information. However, SEP AG cannot issue a guarantee for the contents of this manual.
As of SEP sesam v. 4.4.3, you can create customized calendars. For example, you can define a calendar with specific days on which you want to perform or prevent special job executions, such as backup and migration. You can modify, import, export, and delete a calendar. For more details on calendars, see About scheduling.
You can add an existing online calendar (iCalendar) to your SEP sesam custom calendars by importing it. This way you can easily add country's or region's holidays (that are already defined in some other online calendar) to your list of SEP sesam calendars without having to manually create each holiday/event. You can also copy all events from one SEP sesam calendar to another by exporting and then importing the calendar.
Supported calendar file formats
Supported filename extensions for iCalendar are .ical and .ics. These data formats are used for representing a collection of calendar and scheduling information. The iCalendar format is supported by a number of products, including Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, IBM Lotus Notes, Lightning/Mozilla, Microsoft Outlook and Micro Focus GroupWise (formerly Novell Groupwise).
Calendar is imported from a local .ics or .ical file.
To import a calendar, proceed as follows:
- From Main Selection -> Scheduling -> Schedules, double-click one of the existing schedules or click New Schedule. The Schedule properties window appears.
- In the table providing selection of different time parameters tabs (once, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, user defined), click user defined tab and then click List all Calendars button next to the Calendar name field. Calendar Overview dialog is displayed.
- Click the Import button beneath the list Existing calendars to open a file browser window.
- In the file browser, select the .ics calendar file that contains the events you want to import and click Open. Note that it may take some time to load the imported calendar.
- Once your calendar is imported, it is displayed on the list of existing calendars.