Exclude with File Patterns 4.4
Exclude with File Patterns
An exclude with File Patterns for NetWare File System backup only allows the use of '*' (any character string) and '?' (single arbitrary character).
Examples for exclude list with file patterns:
- Backing up '/var' without '/var/tmp' but with directory '/var/tmp1':
- Backing up '/var' without any directory '*/tmp*':
- Backing up source '/usr' avoiding '*.o', '*.tmp', 'a.out' and 'old*.c' files and all 'old*' directories:
*.o, *.tmp, a.out, old*.c, /old*
- Backing up '/usr' without '/usr/var/spool' and '/usr/var/log':
- Avoid all 'syslog####.log' files:
- Backing up NetWare NSS Volume 'VOL1:' without 'VOL1:tmp':
If you want to exclude a specific path then put the entire path in the exclude list. Several excludes require a separation by commas.