Exclude with File Patterns 4.4
Exclude with File Patterns
To back up the NetWare File System, an exclude must be made by specifying file patterns. The exclude with file patterns only allows the use of '*' (any character string) and '?' (single arbitrary character).
Examples for exclude list with file patterns:
- Backing up '/var' without '/var/tmp' but with directory '/var/tmp1':
- Backing up '/var' without any directory '*/tmp*':
- Backing up source '/usr' avoiding '*.o', '*.tmp', 'a.out' and 'old*.c' files and all 'old*' directories:
*.o, *.tmp, a.out, old*.c, /old*
- Backing up '/usr' without '/usr/var/spool' and '/usr/var/log':
- Avoid all 'syslog####.log' files:
- Backing up NetWare NSS Volume 'VOL1:' without 'VOL1:tmp':
If you want to exclude a specific path then put the entire path in the exclude list. Several excludes require a separation by commas.