Copyright © SEP AG 1999-2017. All rights reserved.
Any form of reproduction of the contents or parts of this manual is allowed only with the express written permission from SEP AG. When compiling and designing user documentation SEP AG uses great diligence and attempts to deliver accurate and correct information. However, SEP AG cannot issue a guarantee for the contents of this manual.
The SEP sesam graphical user interface (GUI) provides centralized administration and easy access to configuration and management of SEP sesam and its environment. GUI can be customized according to individual needs – you can set up different GUI layouts, change default data size units and filter the displayed contents.
Rearranging GUI layout
The SEP sesam GUI can be rearranged almost without limitation. You can adjust the layout of the GUI window by undocking, repositioning and rescaling the individual panes of the main GUI window, including the toolbars. You can simply drag and drop selected windows and create a custom GUI layout.
You can save and manage layouts by clicking Window in the menu bar and selecting Manage layouts option.
- The first time the GUI is started, the docking functionality is disabled by default. You can activate it by selecting the Docking Mode check box in the Manage layouts window. If the option is deactivated, all window positions are fixed.
- Open and arrange all windows and settings to your liking. Once you are satisfied, give the layout a name and save it. The layout identified with a blue arrow is the current layout. By clicking Set as standard the selected layout will become the default layout and will be loaded automatically for the current user the next time the GUI is started.
Changing data size units
As of SEP sesam v. 4.4.3 Tigon, you can change the default setting for the data size units. The data size can be specified either with decimal (KB, MB, GB, TB) or binary prefix (KiB, MiB, GiB, TiB).
Setting default data size unit
SEP sesam allows you to choose how do you want your data size to be displayed (e.g, in TiB or TB). In previous SEP sesam versions, the data size was always displayed using decimal units.
- Open the GUI and from the menu bar select Configuration then Defaults.
- Click the Data displays tab and from the drop-down list Default Data Size select decimal or binary prefix.
Setting different data size unit for the individual table
It is possible to change the data size units for each individual table, for example, in Backups context window, Restores, Last Backup State, etc. This setting is only applied to the displayed data size in the individual table and is reset to default data size upon closing the GUI.
- Open the target context window, e.g., Main Selection -> Backups, select the Data Size column header and right-click it.
- From the Unit menu, select the preferred decimal or binary unit display.
Filtering displayed content
SEP sesam provides a number of filtering options, depending on the GUI context. When available, Filter can be found on the top right side of the GUI window. It provides different options that can be narrowed down, such as date range and clients, state, type, task name, etc.
Depending on the pre-selected GUI context, the following filter criteria may be available (you can filter by one or more criteria):
- Date Range and Clients
- Filter the displayed clients by specified time range or by client name.
- Display or hide particular states (in progress, restorable, etc.).
- Display or hide different event types or their properties. The available options depend on the event type, for example, in the Backups window you can filter by events (NEWDAY, backup, migrations) and/or backup level types.
- Task Name
- Enter a search string of the task in the input field. You can select one or more tasks by holding down the CTRL key and clicking their names.
- Filter Settings
- Activate (default) or deactivate automatic refresh of the results table.
- Filter the pools by name.
- Filter the storage devices.
- End of Lifetime
- Filter the media by their EOL. By default, this filter is disabled.
- Readability Check
- Activate or deactivate filtering by readability check.