Archive:SEP sesam 184.108.40.206
|THE CONTENT OF THIS PAGE IS OUTDATED|
|SEP AG has discontinued support for obsolete SEP sesam versions. Instructions are still available for these SEP sesam products, however, SEP AG accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies in the instructions or for the incorrect operation of obsolete SEP sesam software. It is strongly recommended that you update your SEP sesam software to the latest version. For the latest version of SEP sesam documentation, see documentation home.|
Please find below the most current release notes regarding enhancements and bug fixes for sesam 220.127.116.11. This update as of May 25, 2007.
The notes covers all changes between version 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- For all Sesam Servers using Postgresql as Sesam DB: create group 'sesam' before user 'sesam'. This is required because 'adduser' will fail if group 'sesam' doesn't exist
- Immediate start of migration now works correctly
- Migration can take place on remote device sever
- Migration works now also on Windows Servers
- Start of migration now works correctly
- More and enhanced information reporting of migration status
- Savesets can be duplicated more than one time
- If no saveset could be found for copy matching the given criteria, set exit state to 'warning' not to 'error'
- Remove SMS and STPD logs from remote device servers. Before logs were automatically removed on Sesam server only
- During creation of Sesam media on disk devices, check if we have enough free space in media pool and exit with error instead of warning if insufficient space.
Scalix Online Module
- Snapshots from 'xfs' filesystems are mounted correctly (added --nouid option).
- Disaster restore of Scalix data is possible. In this case DB module doesn't check for a valid scalix version file but starts a file restore.
- Browsing the backup source for Scalix supports new Scalix 11 directory structure.
- Backup with source 'ALL' can backup more then 16 drives. Before array for holding all drive letters was too small.
- Sesam server can backup file with size >4GB from Windows backup clients
- Browsing of backup source and exclude list from GUI
- Avoid writing of error message sbc-1500 if a file could not be saved. It is reported as a warning instead, just like UNIX and Windows backups
- Support of Netware Cluster Filesystem on Linux