Archive:Read documentation for Sesam Open-Xchange module
|THE CONTENT OF THIS PAGE IS OUTDATED|
|SEP AG has discontinued support for obsolete SEP sesam versions. Instructions are still available for these SEP sesam products, however, SEP AG accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies in the instructions or for the incorrect operation of obsolete SEP sesam software. It is strongly recommended that you update your SEP sesam software to the latest version. For the latest version of SEP sesam documentation, see documentation home.|
Datamanagement with SEP sesam for Open Exchangeserver 5.0
1. SEP sesam Client or Server version 2.4 2. Open Exchangeserver
1. Log in as user: 'root'
2. Install or upgrade the SEP sesam DB-Module with:
> rpm -Uhv sesam-ox-2.4.1-XX.i386.rpm
1. Go into directory '<SESAM_ROOT>/var/ini', edit the file 'sm_ox.ini' and change the admin user and password to match your environment:
[CYRUS] admin=uid=mailadmin,ou=people,dc=sep,dc=de password=yourpassword
The configuration is only needed during a restore of e-mails to create the IMAP index files.
Backup / Restore:
For backup select 'OpenExchange Server' as backup type in SEP sesam GUI. Please find further information about the backup of OpenExchange Servers in the user manual in chapter attachments->OpenExchange Server.
- Support OpenExchange Server - Shared folders can be restored by single mail restore - ACLs of mailboxes are restored correctly - IMAP spool directory is read from '/etc/imapd.conf' - Use 'slapd' instead of 'ldapsearch' for LDAP backup - Support all characters in password
- 'import site' fixed error messaging - symbolic link to '/var/spool/imap' is now followed
- Support of SuSE OpenExchange Server 4.1 - Online restore of mails - Restart of the'ncsd' deamon after restore - Support of linefeeds in mail subjects - Dump of the mbox list during backup - 'chmod 600' for the file 'sm_slox.ini' (contains the 'cyrus' password)
- symbolic links under '/var/spool/imap' are NOT backuped. - For the Single Mail Restore a Linux or Unix SEPsesam Server is needed (not Windows). - After the restore of the Postfix files, mails may be sent again. - Before a restore, it could be possible that a manual link must be made again to '/var/spool/imap'