Archive:Add removable media to SEP sesam
|THE CONTENT OF THIS PAGE IS OUTDATED|
|SEP AG has discontinued support for obsolete SEP sesam versions. Instructions are still available for these SEP sesam products, however, SEP AG accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies in the instructions or for the incorrect operation of obsolete SEP sesam software. It is strongly recommended that you update your SEP sesam software to the latest version. For the latest version of SEP sesam documentation, see documentation home.|
Copyright © SEP AG 1999-2020. All rights reserved.
Any form of reproduction of the contents or parts of this manual is allowed only with the express written permission from SEP AG. When compiling and designing user documentation SEP AG uses great diligence and attempts to deliver accurate and correct information. However, SEP AG cannot issue a guarantee for the contents of this manual.
Add removable media to SEP sesam under Linux
In this example 3 USB-media are added to the SEP sesam environment. With the use of storage pools it is possible to mount the USB hardware into the file system with SEP sesam (dynamic mount).
If the automount function of the OS causes problems, this should possibly be disabled!
- Create a mountpoint in the Linux-System mkdir /media/usbdisk
- Connect the first USB-media
- In the drives view on the gui create a drive group for the USB drives.
- Under the new drive group create a new drive with the following parameters: *Drive number: leave as default *Drive name: Can be anything in this example USBDRIVE *Drive type: DSK_CHNG *Loader: no loader *Device server: Server USB is attached to. Most likely the Sesam server, in this example is ErikBumguardner *Drive Group: USB_Drives (the drive group you created in step 3) *Path for removable media: this is the mount point of the USB drive on the server. In this image on a windows sesam server the path is E:\Backups where Backups is a directory on the USB drive.for Linux this is the mountpoint created in step 1. *Max channels: default is 5.
- Create a media pool, for example USB_DISK_POOL. Disk group is the group where the USB drive is configured earlier.
- If necessary add a new media type to the SEP sesam DB (in this case we add a 256MB Flash drive).
- Go to “NEW” an add a new media type as shown in the example below. Capacity should be to capacity of the drive used.
- Then the USB-media can be attached as media successively via Components -> Media -> Initialize. For that the appropriate media must be connected to the system. select the media type created in step 5 from the drop down list and select overwrite. During the implementation of the USB media a directory is created in the root-path of the media.
The USB-media is mounted dynamic to the file system with the mount and unmount function. If the dynamic mount function should not be used, the fields Load command, Unload command and Device path can be left blank.