4 4 3 Tigon:SAP HANA Restore
SEP sesam HDBBackint integration provides efficient backup and restore of your SAP HANA environment. Recovering a SAP HANA instance can easily be accomplished using SAP HANA studio. You can recover the database to the latest version or to a specific point in time, restore it to the same or a different client.
Before you begin a SAP HANA recovery, make sure that you have performed your backup as required. For more details, see SAP HANA Backup.
Single schema restore for SAP Business One
SAP HANA does not support selective restore of a single database schema into the database. While database schemas are used massively for multi-tenancy on hosted SAP Business One installations, there is only one possibility to get back data in a single schema in case of a recovery.
- Prepare the SAP HANA installation as big in size as the productive one.
- Restore the database following the steps below.
- Start the database in an isolated environment.
- Export the schema you need to restore via SAP HANA studio.
- Import the schema data on the productive SAP HANA environment.
Restoring SAP HANA
In case of a disaster recovery, restore the operating system or start with a fresh SAP HANA installation and execute the SEP sesam HANA module installation as described in SAP HANA Backup. Then start the SAP HANA Studio.
- In the SAP HANA System view, right-click your server/instance and select Recover... The SAP HANA recovery wizard starts.
- Specify the recovery type. In our example, we have selected the most likely used recovery type that applies in most cases – point-in-time recovery.
- Specify the backup location.
- A list of the available backups is displayed. Specify which backup should be used to restore. To ensure that the backup is still stored on the SEP sesam media, select the backup and click Check Availability thus triggering an inquiry to the SEP sesam Server. Once you have selected your backup, click Next.
- The wizard now provides some additional options: You can choose to let the system perform availability check for log backups, trigger a purge of the log area during the restore and install a new license key (required if you are restoring to a fresh, plain system). Click Next.
- Review the summary of the recovery settings. Click Finish to begin the restore.
|Opening the recovery wizard will shut down the database.|
|Backint System Copy option can be used to restore backups from a system with a different identifier (SID). A typical use case for this feature is to restore a data backup from the productive system to a test instance.|
The recovery progress is displayed in a status window.
If the recovery is successful, the message System <SID> recovered is displayed and the database is ready for use again. For more information, see the SAP HANA documentation.