4 4 3 Beefalo:Tasks by Groups
Tasks by groups
From Main Selection -> Tasks -> By Groups, you can add multiple tasks to one or more groups. You can also see all tasks assigned to a specific group.
A single event will activate all tasks within the task group. The tasks will then be executed depending on the number of SMS channels available. The remaining tasks remain in the execution queue and are started in chronological order.
|It is possible to disable a specific task or a whole task group without deleting them permanently and without canceling all other events related to the same schedule. For details, see Disabling and Enabling Backup Task and Disabling and Enabling Task Group.|
Right-clicking the task group displays the following options. (The order of the available options may vary depending on the version, but the availability of the options does not change).
- Properties: Displays the details of the task group, see Task group properties.
- Immediate Start: Allows you to start the backup manually, see Immediate start.
- Results: Displays the details of the last backup for this task group.
- New task group: Opens a dialog box for configuring a task group. For more information, see Adding a Task to the Task Group.
- New task: Opens a dialog box for configuring a new backup task in a group. For more information, see Creating a Backup Task.
- Delete: Deletes a task group from SEP sesam. For details, see Deleting a Task Group.
Task group properties
Tasks bundled into task groups can be executed at the same (specified) time. If possible, the tasks are executed simultaneously on the drives. The other tasks are dynamically assigned to the backup devices by SEP sesam. The last backup status of the whole task group is also displayed.
|The Customize Task List button is available when creating a task group or in the task group properties. Clicking it opens the PRE interface script, which is executed before the backup of the task group. It contains suggestions for automatically modifying the list of tasks, e.g., for VM tasks, if there are new VMs in the VM server or those that have been deleted and therefore no longer need to be backed up. See Automatic task generation.|
- Group name: Task task group name.
- Note: Additional information of the user.
The > selector assigns a single task to the selected group and >> selector allocates all available tasks. Selector < removes single- and << removes all tasks. You can change the order in which SEP sesam starts tasks using the ↓ and ↑ arrows.
- The Execution off option below the list of tasks allows you to temporarily disable a task group (and re-enable it if needed).
- Hide backup tasks already associated with a backup group: This option allows you to filter the tasks according to whether they are already included in a group or not.
A task group has to be associated with a schedule that has a corresponding event attached to it. For more information on creating the entire setup for scheduled events, see Standard Backup Procedure.
If you already have a configured schedule, you can link your task group to it by using the Schedules tab. Then, select the checkbox next to the desired schedule, and then select a media pool by clicking the Media Pool field in the selected schedule row. Once the media pool is selected, you can also select the drive and interface by clicking the corresponding field.
As of. v. 5.0.0 Jaglion, the Permissions tab is available where you can set the required permissions (ACLs) for the task group with fine-grained access rights. For details, see Using Access Control Lists.